Tim’s mission is to provide outstanding legal advice to clients that is understandable, tuned to risk tolerances, and operationally practical. Tim joined nNovation LLP after working for one of the largest global cloud computing service providers where he worked on establishing an approach for concluding Enterprise Agreements with highly regulated companies in the financial, telecom and health sectors. He was also previously a partner at a global law firm where he led a Chambers-ranked Privacy and Cybersecurity practice.
Tim advises clients on E-commerce and IT outsourcing. His areas of practice focus are:
- Privacy and Cybersecurity
- IT Outsourcing Agreements (Infrastructure and Software)
- Access to Information
- Advertising, Marketing and Promotions
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation and Unsolicited Telecommunications Laws
- Consumer Protection and Consumer Agreements
- Consumer Product Regulation and Safety
- Gaming, Contests and Sweepstakes
Tim is a proud member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and holds the CIPP/C, CIPM and CIPT certifications.
Tim is the author of the Guide to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (2016 and 2018 editions) (Lexis Nexis Canada).
Tim writes frequently for the International Association of Privacy Professionals’ Privacy Tracker.
He also blogs at www.timothy-banks.com
Admissions and Education
Admitted to the Ontario Bar in 2002 (awarded the Treasurer’s Medal for the highest standing in the Bar Admissions Course)
University of Toronto